In preparation to make an offer, you may want to consider some of the below factors:
- Price – Is the asking price reasonable? Have you studied the comps for homes that have sold or are currently on the market?
- Days on Market – How long has the home been on the market? Should “days on market” be a consideration or are there extenuating circumstances?
- Urgency – Based upon the asking price and days on market, do you think you need to move quick in making an offer?
- Current owners – How long have they owned the property? Are you aware of any circumstances that may be motivating the sellers?
- Financial Considerations – Is there any financial urgency to the sellers?
- Property Condition – If you are concerned about any aspects of the property, make sure you mandate a home inspection particular to your concerns.
- Utilities – Would you like to see current owner’s utility bills?
- Condo or HOA fees – How much are they?